Purpose of the blog

A place to help "hair interested" people embrace, explore and experience their special feelings with others who may have similiar hair interests. Encouraging interactive participation in the "hair interested" community to discuss, learn and to increase social awareness and acceptance.



Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I should have insisted

Regretful feelings.
I have been planning a shorter/closer nape for a while and this moment would become an event to be cherished. I found on Flicker the perfect look (published here on Oct. 19th), which is rather similar to my present style, but with a more daring nape, and I have printed the pic to take to my stylist, who has been a rather cooperative accomplice of mine. Yesterday was the day, I haven't planned this but an unexpected open space in my schedule and an unplanned social event at night justified the impulse. He was free, with plenty of time, which is good. He was surprised with the nape I wanted, I imagine, he said he was going to adapt it to my hair. Yes, he buzzed my nape yesterday, and lots of hair went to the ground. But he delicately refused to go as close as the pic, maybe imagining I would freak out, I don't know exactly what was going on. I was inassertive, and although I have a very good assertive repertoire in most occasions I avoided using it because I didn't want to show my "enthusiam" for very short napes. He even said he was not going to clean the contour with the small trimmers, just trim that stray hair with clippers over comb so that it could blend with the rest.
The cut was beautiful, it allows for three variations: as a short classic bob without bangs, with the short hair minimally and elegantly tucked behind the ears, or wavy and tousled, but... Tsk, tsk, tsk.
Today I will get my Remington pink mini clippers and give my own nape a good contour cleaning (civil disobedience and hair guerilla now!!!).
I will probably have to come back to my daring stylist in Argentina, which will be an expensive little treat for me. He would give me the nape I long for! The less expensive alternative is a visit to another salon, with the same pic in hands, but this is hair roulette. The third alternative is coming back to the guy, who I like very much, and insist with him that I do want that very short nape.
Maybe there is an advantage to be considered, I will get two nape buzzing sessions to obtain the desired result, instead of one, which is not a bad thing considering the lusty pleasure of having vibrating blades mowing my nape hair.
Thanks for support!
Posted by Harriet.

1 comment:

  1. I think the "normal" thing to do is to go back to your stylist and say you are unsatisfied with your haircut. You wanted it shorter.

    It might be more fun, though, to go somewhere else and complain how the last guy didn't cut it short enough. You know, give somebody a chance to do better.

    It's definitely a drag to get a mild haircut when you wanted your world turned upside down. You feel like you just have to live with it like you would if he had cut it too short. But he didn't. But somebody still can.

    ReplyDelete