Purpose of the blog

A place to help "hair interested" people embrace, explore and experience their special feelings with others who may have similiar hair interests. Encouraging interactive participation in the "hair interested" community to discuss, learn and to increase social awareness and acceptance.



Monday, December 12, 2011

I went to the salon today

BEFORE THE HAIRCUT

AFTER


AFTER (everything is too blue because of flashlight)

I needed to report this. Today was my haircut at that salon I have written about here, the one with the antique barber chair. To my surprise, there was a client having the haircut sitting there, I couldn't see if it was a man or a woman. I was not lucky enough to be sat there... (sigh)
Definitively, my stylist number 2 must be a fetishist.
1) he doesn't hesitate when I ask for a shorter, closer, higher nape. Every change was subtle, but noticeable.
2) he put a boring Redken black cape on me and when he realized the clippers were essential for my style he added a second cape: burgundy/pale red, silky. He fastened it tight and asked if it wasn't too tight. I said, No... (liar, liar, liar!!!!). He said the snipped hair adheres to the other cape, while the silky one is different, the hair falls easily. The subtle bondage element was clear for me, although neckstrips (a symbol of submission in my peculiar hair fetish dictionary) are not used there.
3) the chair was pumped high (the little girl trapped in chair feeling always says hello to me at this moment), his firm hand pushing my chin to chest ('Head down, please"). When the nape was being clippered (#3) and scissored over comb I couldn't see what was being done and the vulnerability  is usually enhanced in such occasions.  Did he really say "please"? I can't say for sure... I just complied.
4) he used clippers and mini trimmer on nape and a razor to defile the sides and top of my short bob.
Everything happened too fast, as usual. I hate this efficiency, LOL.
 
Oh, I almost forgot to mention the enormous armchair at the shampoo station. The assistant shampooed and conditioned my hair, he is a tall probably gay guy with strong hands, I missed the scalp massage (he should have done that) and deep lathering, but he gave me a complimentary back and shoulder massage that was delicious.
I don't know why, but I didn't feel ok taking pics of myself there, it's as if they would discover my feelings and this would be awkward. But at the other salon, with the "clippers only" stylist, I was quite often comfortable about that. The present salon is trendier, stylists and clients seem more connected to things and I feel more exposed if I take pics, a neurotical perspective of mine...
Posted by Harriet.

3 comments:

  1. wow Harriet, what a story !!!
    would love to have witnessed that, the look in your eyes, the hesitation if he asks a question and the vulnerability in the chair.....

    Really good u did it and went for another clippered nape, next time a no2 clipperride on the nape ? ;-)

    But i must be fair and say your hair after looks so much better as the before pics, i like u with short hair, hope there is someone who wont allow u to grow it long(er)

    Keep up the good work and keep us informed, nice stories as these are so welcome.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really kind words of yours, Clipperlover!
    A #2? Well, one must never say never...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like another haircut that you enjoyed,it should get better for you as time goes by,ask the guy to take a few pics for you next time,i'm sure they would not object,can't you just tell them that you want to send them to a few "friends",lol.
    as for whever a wet shaved nape feels good i think you only have to ask that question of "shirlgirl"to get the right answer.
    .

    ReplyDelete