Purpose of the blog

A place to help "hair interested" people embrace, explore and experience their special feelings with others who may have similiar hair interests. Encouraging interactive participation in the "hair interested" community to discuss, learn and to increase social awareness and acceptance.



Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A sad story becomes a great hair adventure

For reasons I am not sharing here, I was gladly planning a major change of look for next July. That would be adorable, exciting and many many other positive things. I was longing for this. But the plans were ruined for issues that were out of my personnal control. Without explanations, I was able to realize that the promises made to me were not going to happen. Very sad part of the story. End of self-pity. Period.

Then, the bright side of my narrative starts. I still wanted my hair shorter, sexy, cute. "I can rock on my own", I thought, being compassionate with myself. And with the help of a very dear friend I came to realize I could do it NOW, independently of vain unfulfilled promises which seemed so true to me. Why not? What would I lose, beyond lots of annoying  longish strands of hair?
Here are some pictures that illustrate my story, the second part of it.
I needed to share this with you. Pain is not to be cultivated forever. Some serious deceptions are unavoidable in adult life, short haircuts too. And I prefer the second ones to the first.
Posted by Harriet.  
Before1


Before 2


My nape shearing starts


Final product. I was trying to realize how short it is...


Once, this was my hair. Not anymore... 


Tell me your impressions!

10 comments:

  1. You look so, so, so amazing.... It's like a cartoon piano got dropped on my head. Don't think about all the time you spent not looking this hot, just enjoy it and move forward. Sadly, I bet your blog will suffer for all the attention you're about to get from the man pool. So be it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you were finally able to let go and make the change. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - I love it. Love it. Love it. Fantastic. Maybe you noticed - I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks gorgeous!

    I love the wave of your hair, which is so flattering on you in the shorter cut.

    I think it looks fantastic. Excellent choice, and it shows off your neck beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daisy, I concur; it's the kind of hair that just has you itching to run your fingers through it.

    Harriet, it's obvious that whatever spark of self-pity brought this about, it has ignited a bright red flame of passion and renewed self-confidence. May it set alight other aspects of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haircut looks great, especially the one of your hair on the floor! Shorterthebetter

    ReplyDelete
  7. From something sad, something so, so good - well done and enjoy X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful style for a beautiful heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much better looking. Pure perfection. the look is so much more in line with todays hair. Keep it up and a shorter look will be so much easier for you to handle.

    ReplyDelete